What makes Instagram so popular? Have you wondered about that? Is it the technology? Sure, the constant updates, great filters, and ease of use make things happen. However, more than everything, it’s the people that make this service so attractive.
The People on Instagram – a Driving Force of Inspiration
Instagram users love the network for different reasons. First of all, they can see beautiful photos from people and places from all around the world.
They can find people with similar interests, and they can get inspired to be better at things they do. Now we’re getting somewhere: inspiration. That’s what Instagram is all about!
Open your feed. See breathtaking photos of people working out, doing yoga, creating, smiling, and being happy or sad. You see photos of nature that make you think: this world is beautiful, indeed. When a photo like that gets your attention, you intuitively read the caption. You see the person’s creative process, and you want to get a bit deeper into their mind and heart.
Do you follow the Humans of New York Instagram profile? Brandon Stanton made this concept famous on social media: every image hides a story. And, he tells the stories.
Let’s take Koya Webb as another example. She shares her lifestyle on Instagram, but the complexity of lifestyle cannot be conveyed through images only.
Click on the first photo that grabs your attention and read the caption. You’ll see a brief, insightful thought that makes you understand the drive behind the captured moment.
“God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” – that’s a quote from Reinhold Niebuhr, which she used to describe how she was feeling.
Robert Belinsky, a social media marketing expert, and writer explains that it’s always great to express yourself through your own words.
“You can gain an enormous base of followers if you combine the art of photography with the art of writing. However, sometimes a quote gets your feelings too well.
So, you can use it in the caption. Song lyrics quotes from books or interviews, poetry… anything could work as long as it grasps the essence of the photo. We’ve seen people doing it, and it works perfectly.”
You need inspiration? We have 50 inspirational Instagram captions that will give you ideas. Some of them are quotes, some are lyrics, and some are inspired by the popular Instagram caption trends. So, you can start using them before everyone else does.
50 Inspirational Instagram Captions
- That’s why they call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it. – George Carlin.
- Until I saw this, I didn’t know what beautiful meant.
- I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time. – Herbert Bayard Swope
- Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. – Rabindranath Tagore
- We’re each responsible for the beauty we carry within.
- We can be more than ever people. Beyond lust and desire, cut free and individualize. – Levitation, More Than Ever People
- All I need is a little time to get behind this sun and cast my weight. All I need is a peace of this mind. Then I can celebrate. – Air, All I Need
- The smile that flickers on a baby’s lips when he sleeps – does anyone know where it was born? Yes, there is a rumor that a young pale beam of a crescent moon touched the edge of a vanishing autumn cloud, and there the smile was first born in the dream of a dew-washed morning. – Rabindranath Tagore
- Should this be the last thing I see, I want you to know it’s enough for me. ‘Cause all that you are is all that I’ll ever need. – Ed Sheeran, Tenerife Sea
- There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human – in not having to be just happy or just sad – in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time. – C. JoyBell C.
- I accept who I am.
- Only seventeen, but she walks the streets so mean. It’s alarming, truly, how disarming she can be. – Lana Del Rey, Carmen
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. – Oscar Wilde
- Always remember that you’re absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. – Margaret Mead
- So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life’s A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and ¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you’ll move mountains.” – Dr. Seuss
- Reality continues to ruin my life. – Bill Watterson
- You don’t have to like me. The important thing is for me to like me.
- Son, why is the bottle of whisky half empty? Because you’re a pessimist, dad.
- I’m a wanderess. I’m a one night stand. Don’t belong to no city. Don’t belong to no man. I’m the violence in the pouring rain. I’m a hurricane. – Halsey, Hurricane
- Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind. – Bernard M. Baruch
- Each day, I get an opportunity to learn something new.
- You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one. – John Lennon
- If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. – Led Zeppelin, Thank You
- I bend, but I don’t break.
- And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me. Shine until tomorrow. Let it be.” – The Beatles, Let It Be
- Life’s not perfect. But, my hair is!
- The planet is fine. The people are fucked. – George Carlin
- Don’t be so humble – you are not that great. – Golda Meir
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars. – Norman Vincent Peale
- If you’re reading this… Congratulations, you’re alive. If that’s not something to smile about, then I don’t know what is. – Chad Sugg
- Yeah, dating is cool. But, have you ever tried éclairs?
- My hands are tied, my body bruised. She got me with nothing to win and nothing left to lose.” – U2, With or Without You
- The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you. – Bette Midler
- I’m just a soul whose intentions are good. Oh Lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood. – The Animals, Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
- Friday! Bring out the wine. It’s my second favorite F word.
- Friendships. Laughs. Scents and tastes. There are things worth living for.
- Don’t let your eyes be blinded by beauty. Foundation, mascara, lipstick, contours… when you see behind the mask, you will see her.
- Me, myself, and I. The three of us are enough.
- So many books, so little time – Frank Zappa
- Do real boys actually call girls baby? I don’t have enough experience to know. I do know that if a guy ever called me baby, I’d probably laugh in his face. Or choke him. – Katja Millay
- One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful. – Sigmund Freud
- I’m here for a good time, not a long time. – Big Sean, Blessings
- Me, I trust people who show you what freaks they are. It’s the ones who blend in that ya gotta watch out for. – Hope Larson
- The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is far, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater. – J.R.R. Tolkien
- I wasn’t lucky, you see. I deserved it.
- A good friend is the one who always makes you laugh. Especially when you don’t feel like laughing.
- Listen to the mustn’ts, child. Listen to the don’ts. Listen to the shouldn’ts, the impossibles, the won’ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me… Anything can happen, child. Anything can be. – Shel Silverstein
- Dreams unwind, Love’s a state of mind. – Fleetwood Mac, Rhiannon
- Is my makeup good? No, I can still see you.
Words are inspiring, aren’t they? When you combine words with beautiful images, the effect is even stronger. The quotes above came with attributions, where appropriate.
You don’t have to give attributions on Instagram, but it’s important to know where your inspiration came from. Never try to present other people’s words as your own!
Guess what: as you continue getting inspired for your Instagram captions from other people, you’ll discover what you truly like. You’ll discover your own style. Then, you can share your own wisdom through Instagram, and you’ll be unstoppable!
Then, you can share your own wisdom through Instagram, and you’ll be unstoppable!